Car Battery Replacement and Maintenance
Battery Replacement & Maintenance in Saginaw
Garber Buick Service Center
Battery Replacement & Maintenance in Saginaw
Garber Buick Service Center
5925 State St.
Saginaw, MI 48603
Mon-Fri- 7:30am – 5:00pm
Sat- 8:00am – 2:00pm
Battery Replacement & Maintenance
Think of a car battery like the heart of a vehicle; without it, the vehicle will cease to function. It’s exactly how the human body works because we rely on our heart to pump blood throughout our body and we would be unable to survive without it. Since a car battery carries as much importance as the human heart, it’s easy to understand why staying aware of its condition is imperative.
Avoid unforeseen consequences by having your battery inspected regularly at Garber Buick in Saginaw. A simple inspection with us could help you steer clear of getting stranded somewhere with a dead battery or dealing with the collateral damage of a dying battery, such as other car functions failing. Stay one step ahead with our expert technicians at Garber Buick.
Experience the Garber Buick Difference
When a car battery begins to fail, some of the warning signs may be very obvious such as difficulty starting your vehicle. However, other symptoms may easily slip under the radar, like a sharp drop in fluid level, which makes selecting the right, most experienced technician a challenge. It would be a shame to replace your battery when you didn’t need to or the other way around.
However, you can put all your fears to rest with Garber Buick in Saginaw where our meticulous ASE-Certified Technicians are trained to find the problem and suggest the most appropriate solution. In addition, all vehicle makes and models are welcome, and a free 21-point check is offered for good measure. Come into our service center today and learn how Garber does it differently than the rest.
Slow Start – If it seems slower or takes longer for your vehicle to start-up.
Check-Engine Light – This may turn on when the battery is weak.
Random Warning Lights – If a “low coolant” warning light appears, even if the coolant is not low.
Low Fluid – A see-through area on the battery allows you to see the amount of fluid remaining; the lower it is, the closer the battery is to needing replaced.
Having an unreliable battery can be extremely frustrating. The first thing to check is whether you have any accessories or items plugged-in that may be draining the battery. If you have done this and that isn’t the case, then there are some other things you can examine. If the majority of the trips that you make are short, especially in cold weather, there may not be sufficient time for the amperage from the alternator to recharge after exerting power to start the car.
Of course, there is always the possibility that the battery is simply at the end of its usable life and needs to be replaced. If you’ve checked for the above concerns and that does not solve the issue, it is time for a trip to visit your friendly Garber Buick technician who can diagnose and solve your battery issues.
Garber Buick! Stop in and let one of our professional technicians help you get the right battery for your vehicle.
Garber Buick takes pride in repairing all vehicle makes, models, and ages. Whether you purchased your car from us or another dealership, we are happy to help with your vehicle needs. If you have any questions or concerns about the service center at Garber Buick, feel free to call us at (800) 842-2949.
First, be prepared with a couple things we highly recommend you keep on board:
- You will need a set of jumper cables which can be found conveniently at the Garber Buick service center. If you are in a last minute dilemma, auto parts stores or retail stores, such as Kmart or Sears also sell them.
- The second thing you need is another vehicle, whether a family member, friend, or simply a Good Samaritan is willing to help.
Now, follow the steps below. Don’t worry, jump starting a car battery is an easier process than you may think.
- Both cars must be close enough together so the jumper cables will reach from one car to the other. Turn both cars off.
- After opening the hoods, locate the batteries and their terminals. On the battery there will be two terminals, a red one marked positive (+) and a black one marked negative (-).
*Be sure not to connect the positive (red) part of the jumper cable to a negative (black) battery terminal, or vice versa.
- Find a metal area under the hood of the vehicle with the dead battery (you will use this later).
- Connect a positive (red) jumper cable to the positive (+) terminal of the dead battery.
- Connect the other positive (red) jumper cable to the positive (+) terminal of the good battery.
- Connect a negative (black) jumper cable to the negative (-) terminal of the good battery.
- Connect the other negative (black) jumper cable to the metal of the vehicle with the dead battery (as mentioned in step 3). You can use any metal surface as long as it is not too close to the battery. The side of the car should suffice in most cases.
- You’re done connecting! Start the car with the good battery.
- After a few minutes (approximately 2-5 min.), start the car with the dead battery.
If the car starts successfully:
- Remove the jumper cables, starting with the negative (black) clamps.
If the car does not start:
- Wait a few minutes and attempt to start the car with the dead battery again.
Everything you need to know about batteries—
The battery provides power to the electrical components in a vehicle. The lights, ignition, radio, and several other components depend on a car battery; without one that works, your vehicle will not be able to start-up.
The Process – Chemical reactions within the battery itself create the electrical energy necessary to power a car. The voltage produced travels to the ignition which allows the vehicle to turn on. Besides generating energy to start the car, the battery also stabilizes the voltage to keep the engine running.
Exclusive Coupons & Specials
At Garber Buick, our goal is to offer the best services available at affordable prices to get you back on the road in no time. As a customer-forward facility, we want to show you how much we value your business by offering exclusive coupons and specials.
Meet the Team
Because our technicians are ASE-certified and well experienced in what they do, the vast majority of mechanical issues across virtually all makes and models can be solved at Garber Buick! We encourage you to visit us for your next service appointment. Contact us today to allow one of our friendly, professional service technicians to help you stay on the road longer without a hiccup along the way.
Service Liason989-497-5291Email Me
A Certified Auto Repair Facility
For today’s car owner, finding a knowledgeable automotive professional can pose a real challenge. That’s why the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence was created in order to develop competent automotive technicians in all major areas of repair and service. Take the guesswork out of your next service appointment by consulting with ASE-Certified Technicians, conveniently located at Garber Buick.